We are delighted to announce that we are looking to hire a part-time Creative Studio Manager to come join our team! It's been an exciting few years at Owen Gildersleeve Ltd. and we're now looking to expand our team to help with the new projects and opportunities that the year holds for us.
See the full job description below, as well as how to apply and the contact details for applications:
We are an award winning design studio based in East London. Led by artist and founder Owen Gildersleeve, the company produces handcrafted designs and illustrations for brands, labels and agencies worldwide.
This is the ideal role for someone looking to work in a creative environment, helping to manage a close-knit team. We are looking for a talented, energetic person to help run the studio, during an exciting period of expansion. A passion for production and management with great written and verbal communication is central to the role, also the ability to problem solve and offer creative solutions is essential.
As a young company there will be the opportunity to shape the role and get involved in other aspects of the business as we grow.
The main responsibilities of the Studio Manager include:
- Organisation and management of the studio including the management of workflow, schedule and studio calendar.
- Direct communication with Owen’s agents in the UK, Europe and US to help manage incoming projects and exciting opportunities.
- Being the first point of contact in the studio – fielding calls and emails in a confident and articulate manner.
- Studio promotion, including direct contact with past and future clients, writing of our quarterly newsletters, reaching out to press and publications and the management of all the studio’s social platforms.
- Contacting and booking of freelancers and maintaining the roster of contacts.
- Managing and developing of our shop, including the building up of our product lines, reaching out to new stockists and managing stock levels and sales.
- Being responsible for the general studio upkeep and purchasing supplies and sundries to keep things running smoothly.
In terms of experience, it is essential you are familiar with the entire Google suite and are comfortable updating spreadsheets. Knowledge of the Adobe suite would also be helpful, especially InDesign and Photoshop.
Experience Dependant. 20 work hours per week – Flexible work hours over 3-5 days.
How to Apply
If you like what you’ve read, then please send your CV and cover letter of no more than 200 words to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are suitable for this role and want to join the team. We look forward to hearing from you!