We are delighted to announce that we are looking to hire a freelance Studio Manager to come join our team! It's been an exciting few years at Owen Gildersleeve Ltd. and now we're settled in our new Brighton studio we're excited to find someone to help with the new projects and opportunities that the year holds for us.
See the full job description below, as well as how to apply and the contact details for applications:
Salary: £26k pro rata (£100 per day)
We are a multi-award winning design studio based in Brighton, led by artist and founder Owen Gildersleeve. His studio practice ranges from intricate paper illustrations and animations, to large-scale sets, window displays and installations and over the years he has teamed up with an array of international clients, including the likes of Apple, LUSH Cosmetics, Penguin Books and NASA.
At the studio we work on an array of projects with both our UK and US agents, as well as developing personal ideas, workshops and events. We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and organised Studio Manager to join the studio, who shares our passion for illustration and the creative industry. This is the ideal role for someone looking to work in a creative environment, helping to manage a close-knit team.
Some experience of the creative industry and a good understanding of creative processes, in particular illustration, is preferred. Attention to detail and great written and verbal communication is central to the role, with a personable and open-minded approach. As a small company there will be the opportunity to shape the role and get involved in other aspects of the business.
You will be supporting Owen across all aspects of the business. Tasks vary on a weekly basis, including:
- Project Support - Assisting with the administration of various wide ranging commissions that the studio is working on
- PR & Marketing – Helping to maintain social channels and assisting with the promotion of new projects, as well as updating of the website, news sections and social media.
- Finance - Checking in with our accountant and compiling receipts.
- Agent Liaising – Keeping our UK & US agents updated with new work for both online and physical portfolios, as well as marketing opportunities and collaborations.
- Shop Running - Managing and developing of our online shop, including managing stock levels and sales shipping.
- General - Helping in the studio with miscellaneous tasks, running errands and making sure that all materials and equipment are well stocked.
- Proactively staying up to date with industry events and opportunities, including exhibition and gallery outreach, collaboration opportunities and award submissions.
We are looking for a freelancer who is able to commit to 1 full day per week, at our Brighton studio, with the potential for occasional ad hoc days in addition, worked out on a case by case basis. Our hours are 9.30am - 5.30pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
How to Apply
If you like what you’ve read, then please send your CV and cover letter of no more than 200 words to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are suitable for this role and want to join the team. Deadline for applications is 3rd July 2022. We look forward to hearing from you!